TEXAS STATE INMATE LOCATOR AND CONTACT INFORMATION PAGE
Are you looking for an Inmate or someone who is currently incarcerated in Texas State? There are several different places that someone who has been arrested and is currently in custody in the State of Texas could be. The jail that the inmate is housed in will be affected in large part about what agency is holding the inmate.
Locate Inmate in State Prisons and County Jails
Each State has a system of Prisons. Often, the State Prisons will house inmates with longer sentences, often due to a Felony Conviction. Within each state, the various counties have their own jails for holding people who are on trial, or who are charged and/or convicted of lesser offenses & Misdemeanors. If you can not find an inmate & he or she has an attorney, often the attorney/lawyer is a great resource for locating a prisoner. The State Prison System in Texas is run by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
CLICK HERE to Locate an inmate in Arlington County,
CLICK HERE for the CENTRALBOOKING.INFO Harris County Jail Inmate Search Information Page – Includes Houston Texas Arrest Information
Other Texas Department of Criminal Justice
Requests by E-mail
The following information is available (be specific in your email what you are requesting):
- TDCJ number
- Offender location
- Offense of Conviction
- Incarceration history: offense, county and court of conviction of offenses for which the offender was incarcerated previously
- Current incarceration: offense, county and court of conviction
- Projected Release Date (see definition below)
E-mail to this address email@example.com the offender’s full name and 7-digit TDCJ number. If you do not know the TDCJ number, provide the exact date of birth (if d.o.b. is not known, provide their approximate age and county of conviction).
** Please include offender’s name in subject line of e-mail **
There is no charge for this service. Photographs and social security numbers of offenders will not be provided to the public.
Projected Release Date
The Projected release date is determined by the offense date and the nature of the offense. Offenses committed prior to 9-1-96, that are by Law eligible for Mandatory Supervision, will be released on their projected release date if they are not paroled.
Offenses committed 9-1-96 or after, that are by Law eligible for Mandatory Supervision, will be released at the discretion of BPP. For offenders not approved for release by BPP, or that are not eligible for Mandatory Supervision, the projected release date will be their discharge date.
For further information, see: http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/definitions/definitions/index.html#Projected
Offender Telephone System
The Offender Telephone System (OTS) allows eligible offenders to make paid telephone calls to friends and family listed on the offender’s Visitor List. Offenders with major disciplinary problems, gang affiliations, or on death row will not have access to the telephone system.
Information or registration:
- Before you can receive calls from a TDCJ offender, you must first register your telephone number:Internet: texasprisonphone.com
- Note: You will need the offender’s TDCJ ID Number to register to receive phone calls from him or her. If you do not know their number you can find it through the online offender search at http://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/offender_information/index.html or by phone at (936) 295-6371 or (800) 535-0283. The phones are answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Telephone: (866) 806-7804
TEXAS JAIL SEARCH – HOW TO LOCATE A PRISON IN TEXAS
Click here to Locate a Texas State Correctional Facility
RESOURCES FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE ARRESTED IN THE STATE OF TEXAS:
CLICK HERE For Information For Families of People Arrested in Texas
CLICK HERE FOR TEXAS DEATH ROW INFORMATION
Information & Resources from the Texas Division of Criminal Justice:
- Offender Information
- High Value Data Sets
- Notice to Offender Visitors
- General Information Guide for Families of Offenders
- Offender Orientation Handbook
- Death Row Information
- Resolution Support/Ombudsman
- Definitions and Acronyms
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- External Research
- Vendor Information
- Detailed Agency Expenditure Information
- HUB Information
- Policies and Procedures
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
- Related Links
Court of Last Resort in Texas: Supreme Court of Texas
TEXAS COURTS OF APPEALS:
- First Court of Appeals Houston
- Second Court of Appeals Fort Worth
- Third Court of Appeals Austin
- Fourth Court of Appeals San Antonio
- Fifth Court of Appeals Dallas
- Sixth Court of Appeals Texarkana
- Seventh Court of Appeals Amarillo
- Eighth Court of Appeals El Paso
- Ninth Court of Appeals Beaumont
- Tenth Court of Appeals Waco
- Eleventh Court of Appeals Eastland
- Twelfth Court of Appeals Tyler
- Thirteenth Court of Appeals Corpus Christi & Edinburg
- Fourteenth Court of Appeals Houston