What To Do If Your Car is Booted For Parking Tickets In New York City
What To Do If Your Car is Booted For Parking Tickets In New York City
New York City has recently enacted a Policy of putting car tire boots on cars that have more than three hundred fifty dollars ($350) in New York City (NYC) parking violations/parking tickets. You can also be booted if you owe New York City more than $350 in red light camera or bus lane violation tickets that are in judgment.
A company called PayLock has been hired to implement this New York City policy of putting boots on cars that have parking violations. The current fees are the same or higher than if your car is actually towed. However, if you don’t pay the fees within two (2) days, the car will be towed and additional storage and towing fees will apply.
The system is as follows: A marshal will find a car and verify it has more than $350 in judgments. Once verified, PayLock will be authorized to place a boot on the car.
What to Do if Your Car is Booted for Parking Violations in New York City:
1) Call the Toll Free Number that is on the BIG Sticker on your window. Current cars have 877-207-2134 as the number to call for Boot Removal and Fine Payment. This number is active 24 hours a day.
2) Pay your fine! There will be an additional $180 “boot fee” which is paid to PayLock, a $70 Sheriff’s/marshal’s “execution fee” plus a 5% “poundage fee” in addition to the fines that you have.
3) There are also credit card “convenience fees” which are charged if you use a credit card to pay your NYC Parking Ticket fines.
4) If the motorist or person who has gotten the tickets does not pay the fees within two days, the car will be towed.
5) If a booted car is towed, there will be an additional $185 towing fee (on top of the $180 booting fee).
6) If you pay the fines and fees AFTER getting booted but BEFORE getting towed, you must also return the boot to a city payment center within 24 hours or face additional penalties of $25 per day – up to a maximum of $500.
7) If you are towed and your car is sitting in a storage facility/storage yard/pound, there is an additional storage fee of $10 per day for the first three days, and $15 per day after the first three days.
Make Sure you take Note of the Boot Violation Number. You may need it.
To pay your NYC Parking Fines in CASH, Money Orders or Cashier’s Checks & Remove your Boot, you have to go to a NYC Department of Finance Business Center:
- Manhattan / New York County
- Bronx / Bronx County
- Brooklyn / Kings County
- Queens / Queens County
- Staten Island / Richmond County
To Return a Boot, you must go do the following locations:
- Williamsburg Service Center: 713 Kent Avenue
- Kings County Parking: 581 Clarkson Avenue
- Midwood Parking Garage: 1712 East 14th Street
- Pay-O-Matic: 102-26 Atlantic Avenue
- Pay-O-Matic: 9925 H. Harding Expwy.
- Pay-O-Matic: 160-39 Rockaway Blvd.
- Ace Discount Tires: 132 Morningstar Road
- Pay-O-Matic: 2510 Hylan Boulevard
You can pay New York City Parking Tickets online, in person and by mail.
Did you know it is possible to pay for your New York City Parking Ticket Violations in installments? Certain residents are eligible for a payment plan!
Tagged with: 877-207-2134 • bestparking nyc • Boot • boot for car • boot on car • boot on your car • Boot Removal • boot violation • Boot Violation Number • Booted For Parking Tickets • booted vehicle • bus lane violation ticket • car booted • Car Booted for Parking Violations • car booted in brooklyn • car booted in queens • car booted in staten island • car booted on street • car booted sticker • car booted sticker new york • Car is Booted Parking Violations • car parking in nyc • car relocated new york • car rental in nyc • car stolen new york • car stolen nyc • car towed • car towed in bronx • car towed in brooklyn • car towed in manhattan • car towed in new york • car towed in ny • car towed in nyc • car towed in queens • car towed in the bronx • car towed staten island • car was TOWED in NEW YORK CITY • cars in nyc • central parking nyc • cheap nyc parking • cheap parking • city of new york parking violations • city parking fines • coupon parking nyc • discount broadway tickets in nyc • discount parking coupons nyc • discount parking manhattan • discounted parking nyc • do i have a parking ticket • find a new car • find a parking ticket • find cars • flights to ny • free parking in nyc • free parking nyc • get boot off vehicle • hippodrome parking nyc • How long after car is booted will it be towed • how to get code to take boot off • how to locate towed vehicle • How to Redeem (Retrieve) Your Towed Vehicle • How to remove boot • i cant pay parking tickets • i think my car was stolen • icon parking • icon parking nyc • LOCATE A TOWED VEHICLE IN NEW YORK CITY • locate towed car bronx • locate towed car brooklyn • locate towed car manhattan • locate towed car new york • locate towed car queens • locate towed car staten island • locate towed vehicle • lock on tire new york • lock on tire nyc • marshal booted car • marshall • meyers parking nyc • must do in nyc • my car was booted • my car was stolen in new york • New York City • NEW YORK CITY DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE PARKING VIOLATIONS • new york city parking violations • new york city tickets parking • new york parking • new york parking violations • new york traffic fines • ny city parking • ny city parking tickets • ny city parking violations • ny city tickets • ny parking violations • ny tickets • ny traffic tickets • nyc 311 • nyc cheap parking • nyc discount parking • nyc free parking • nyc parking • nyc parking coupon • nyc parking fines • NYC Red Light Camera Violations • nyc ticket parking • nyc tickets • nys parking violations • paid parking tickets ny • paid parking tickets nyc • parking boot • Parking Boot Removal • parking coupon nyc • parking coupons nyc • parking discounts nyc • parking enforcement • parking fines nyc • parking in manhattan • parking in new york • parking in ny • parking in nyc • parking nyc • parking nyc coupons • parking ticket in ny • parking tickets • parking tickets in ny • parking tickets in nyc • parking tickets new york • parking tickets ny • parking violation • parking violations • parking violations in nyc • parking violations new york • parking violations new york city • parking violations ny • parking violations nyc • pay NYC Parking Fines • pay ticket ny • pay ticket nyc • paying new york city parking tickets • PayLock • Payment Plans for NYC Parking Tickets • Payment Plans for NYC Red Light Camera Violations • rent a car nyc • return boot to city • return tire and boot to city • sheriff booted car • shows in nyc • take boot off car • ticket parking ny • ticket parking nyc • tickets in nyc • tickets ny • tickets nyc • tickets nyc parking • tickets parking nyc • Tire Boot • to do in nyc • towed vehicle • towing ticket • truck booted • truck towed in new york city • unpaid parking tickets • van booted • vehicle boot • Vehicle Booting Pilot Program • vehicle tickets • was my car towed • was my car towed in new york • was my car towed in new york city • was my car towed in nyc • what do to in nyc • what to do in ny • what to do in ny city • what to do in nyc • what to do nyc • whats to do in nyc • where to park car in nyc • yellow lock on tire
Filed under: Arraignment Information
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!